Saturday, May 2, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I always try to remember when I go to see a movie based on a comic book that comic book stories are by nature "fantastic". Having said that, I now say, sometimes you get more than you expect. X-Men Origins : Wolverine was well acted. Both Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber were in character. Jackman is always great to watch, but I'm really looking forward to the next Schreiber flick...remember him in Defiance? Surprisingly there is some beautiful footage of the Canadian Rockies and the Visual Effects by Tippett Studio were great. The ending was predictable, since this was a prequel, but the last minute addition of several other mutants was clearly just a "lead in" for the next mutant "Origin" movie. I enjoyed watching this so much I forgot to look for Stan Lee doing his "Alfred Hitchcock" by showing up as an extra in the Marvel movies. Or is that just an urban legend?
Check it out...For more information on Marvel Comics the Nesmith Library has "The Marvel Comics encyclopedia : a complete guide to the characters of the Marvel universe" edited by Julia March. 741.5 MAR

Poster courtesy of MSN Movies

No comments: