Monday, April 13, 2009

Double Feature!! Duplicity & The Haunting in Connecticut

Ahhhh! I've missed my trips the movies the past couple of weeks due to a touch of vertigo. I just didn't think it would be a good idea to sit in a dark room with huge pictures flashing in front of my eyes. Gratefully my return was met with two great flix! Clive Owens and Julia Roberts are a quirky couple in Duplicity. Both have trust issues, understandably so. Claire Stenwick (Roberts), retired CIA and Ray Koval (Owen) retired MI6 have crossed paths before. Now drawn together by mutual attraction and the desire to retire "comfortably" they begin working for multinational corporations. Just try to keep up with the various plots and misdirections to find out who's using who.

I don't usually take in "scary" movies, but decided that I needed something I wouldn't fall asleep watching. The movie, inspired by the frightening true-life tale of a family that moved into a converted funeral home, Haunting in Connecticut definitely kept my eyes open and made me jump more than once. Not too gory, but very disturbing... The oldest son has cancer and is undergoing some experimental treatments and living through a supernatural attack from the home's previous tenants. This is a good story that ends well, despite the extreme premise and loud noises.



No comments: