Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Etiquette at the Movies

A couple of blogs ago I mentioned sharing my movie experience with children. For the most part the children were well behaved. I enjoyed sharing their laughs and cries with them and the characters on the screen. There have been other theater outtings where I have had to give up my choice seat. It seems that some theater goers have forgotten how to behave in a public venue. They think they are sitting on their sofa at home. Ergo, these parents haven't taught their children how to behave either. It is generally understood that loud talking, yelling at the screen, yelling at each other, and leaving their electronic equipment on to beep and blat during the screening is unacceptable. I would like to mention some things that are not as obvious. If you wear perfume, or cologne, keep it down. Many of us have allergies and don't want to interrupt your experience with our sneezes and coughs. Unfortunately, I have to say it... PLEASE BATHE. I once had a family of three sit in front of me... I almost had to leave the theater. (Note: Most theaters will give you a return ticket if you have to leave the movie without seeing it.) I'd love to hear your biggest gripes or how you resolved a bad movie situation. PLEASE... comment!

Artwork and more information from Advanced Etiquette
or this article in Entertainment Weekly

Check it out... For materials on etiquette for all ages look for 395 on the shelves.

No comments: